Easy-action door closer with “thinking” backcheck
Easy to fix and even easier to adjust. The door closer for almost every door size and application.
Decades of experience have gone into the development of the DORMA TS 83. The result is user comfort coupled with outstanding versatility. It can be adjusted to suit almost all types of door. It can even be supplied with additional anti-corrosion protection for exposed applications or aggressive conditions. Fixing couldn’t be easier – and last but not least – it’s engineered for excellence.
For The Trade
- Low inventory costs and reduced stocking requirement thanks to streamlined product range.
- Practical and effective solutions to meet special applications thanks to comprehensive choice of accessories.
For the Installer
- Easy to fix.
- Can be “tailored” to the requirements of the door by simple adjustment.
- Just one model for RH (DIN-R ISO 5) and LH (DIN-L ISO 6) doors, and for standard and frame/lintel fixing.
- Spring strength range EN 2-6 to suit virtually every application.
For the Specifier Architect
- Compact closer design and sturdy flat-form arm assembly.
- Wide range of standard functions supplemented by optional extras.
- Suitable for fire doors.
For the User
- Optimum wall and door protection thanks to “thinking” backcheck.
- Closing speed virtually unaffected by temperature fluctuations.
- Proportionally low opening resistance thanks to high mechanical efficiency.
|With “Thinking” Backcheck
Thanks to an innovative design concept, the resistance developed by this backcheck system as the door is opened beyond approx. 70° is directly proportional to door acceleration.
It is almost imperceptable when the door is opened slowly. However, if the door is opened hastily, the back-check responds in equal measure.
If the door should be swung open at speed – wether deliberately, thoughtlessly, accidentally or as a result of a gust of wind – the backcheck reacts at full strength, protecting the wall and door from damage.
If no backcheck function is required, the system can be simply switched off.
With Hold-Open Arm
Hold open arm with switch: The hold open function can be switched on and off by the user by simply pressing a switch.
With additional delayed action
This model with it’s additional integrated delayed action enables the closing cycle to be retarded within an adjustable range so that disabled persons, mothers with prams and people carrying bulky items are able to pass through the door without difficulty. This model can also be used for fire doors.
If you would like an Adobe Acrobat file on this product please right click here and select ‘Save Target As’. You will need Adobe’s Acrobat Reader to view this file, if you do not already have it please click on the link below.